Wish you could get out of an overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Bakersfield consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of California auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save as much as 47% each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
How to buy discount Acura TLX insurance in Bakersfield
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for Acura TLX insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and bad credit can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Due to the abundance of options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be challenging to choose the cheapest auto insurance provider.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Acura TLX insurance discounts in Bakersfield
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield car insurance but check with your company.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that have these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in Bakersfield. To view auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Bakersfield car insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Bakersfield who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Bakersfield that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
Lorena Magana Insurance Agency, Inc.
4141 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (559) 783-9550 – View Map
California Canyon Insurance Agency
B, 4900 California Ave #210 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 377-2978 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Bakersfield that can give you comparison quotes.
Keith Stonebraker – State Farm Insurance Agent
4600 Ashe Rd #308 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 664-9663 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Ana M. Arreola
6649 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 633-2633 – View Map
Tom Smethurst – State Farm Insurance Agent
13061 Rosedale Hwy a – Bakersfield, CA 93314 – (661) 589-1991 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Bakersfield?
- How many years have they been established?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What policy terms are available?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura TLX in Bakersfield, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your TLX with a loan, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, funeral expenses, medical services and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for pain medications, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your TLX to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Cheaper insurance is out there
The cheapest Acura TLX insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
When searching for the cheapest Acura TLX rate quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding more affordable Acura TLX insurance in Bakersfield
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Acura TLX insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Bakersfield. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Find a Bakersfield insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)