If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Optima Hybrid insurance in Bakersfield. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Finding and comparing the best-priced insurance in Bakersfield is easy to do. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the fastest way to compare price quotes instantly.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Bakersfield auto insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could earn substantially lower prices.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are:
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, good student, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Travelers offers discounts including continuous insurance, home ownership, good student, multi-policy, and new car.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, and air bag.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, multi-vehicle, driver training, seat belt use, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in Bakersfield. To see providers with the best Kia Optima Hybrid insurance discounts in Bakersfield, click this link.
How You Can Control Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
The following are some of the things companies use to determine your prices.
Teenagers are high risk – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Optima Hybrid can cost quite a bit.
Having a spouse can save on insurance – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Many companies apply better rates to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
Is you occupation costing you more? – Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like actors, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Kia Optima Hybrid claim data – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Bakersfield auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Bakersfield.
After completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Bakersfield for you
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Bakersfield can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Bakersfield who can help you get comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Bakersfield exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When shopping online for auto insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small local company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)