The recommended way to get the cheapest Audi Allroad insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to help keep rates affordable and find missing discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Sadly, most insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in California can save almost $500 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, newly retired, new move discount, safety features, multi-car, newly married, and new graduate.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in California, follow this link.
Ways to get Audi Allroad insurance quotes in Bakersfield, California
Getting a cheap price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Audi Allroad rate quotes.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like judges, air traffic controllers, and accountants generally have higher average rates due to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Optional features that cut rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Men pay more for insurance – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Women and men are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings. So if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Audi Allroad by repairing your credit.
- Where you live plays a part – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Less people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any good agent in Bakersfield should know the answers to these questions.
- Where are claims handled?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Bakersfield?
- How often do they review coverages?
The following is a short list of insurers in Bakersfield that may be willing to give price quotes for Audi Allroad insurance in Bakersfield.
- Farmers Insurance: Brian Parks
1612 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 859-1000 – View Map
- California Canyon Insurance Agency
B, 4900 California Ave #210 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 377-2978 – View Map
- David Hall – State Farm® Insurance Agent
5351 Olive Dr #300 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 393-8326 – View Map
- Covermax Insurance Agency Inc.
1910 E California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 363-0645 – View Map
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi Allroad insurance, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Allroad more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which auto insurance company is best in Bakersfield?
Choosing a highly-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The company information shown below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, high prices and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
When you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Bakersfield is available from both online companies and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)