Sadly, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could pocket up to 47% a year, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Audi TT RS insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper TT RS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get pricing direct online. Doing online quotes for Audi TT RS insurance in Bakersfield is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the form. After you complete the form, the system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Quoting online for Audi TT RS insurance in Bakersfield makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the cheapest price on insurance.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a price comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Bakersfield car insurance but check with your company.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current TT RS insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, family plan, good student, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, good student, driver training, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, homeowners, air bags, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, air bag, driver training, good student, bundle, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. To locate companies with the best Audi TT RS insurance discounts in Bakersfield, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Bakersfield auto insurance agents?
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Bakersfield.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield that provide free Bakersfield car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Bakersfield insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Bakersfield that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Clifford and Bradford Insurance Agency
1515 20th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 283-8100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map
- Miroslava Hernandez Insurance Agency
6433 E Brundage Ln # 2 – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 326-7200 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield that can give you price quotes.
- Tom Smethurst – State Farm Insurance Agent
13061 Rosedale Hwy a – Bakersfield, CA 93314 – (661) 589-1991 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Grant Fortt
2623 F St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 829-4499 – View Map
- Dawn Fore – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Truxtun Ave #200 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 324-2300 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you have the power to cancel a policy any time you want so don’t think that you are obligated to the insurance policy for the full policy term.
How Insurance Providers Determine Audi TT RS Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means reduced accidents. People in densely populated areas regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Are you male or female? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in California give the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Always have insurance – Not having insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Where do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your TT RS is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Bakersfield, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your TT RS with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Audi and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You can lower your insurance rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Audi TT RS insurance prices in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Audi TT RS insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bakersfield, California? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Company Car in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)