It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare rates once a year are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Bakersfield is your ultimate target, then understanding how to find and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
The best way we recommend to get budget auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Find a Bakersfield insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding a lower price on Audi A7 insurance is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to take time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Determine discounts on Bakersfield auto insurance
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Student in College – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Bakersfield and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Free – Bakersfield drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Audi A7 insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click here.
Lower Your Bakersfield Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Extra policy coverages can cost a lot – There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
How do annual miles impact rates? – The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet states the right rating data. Improper usage on your A7 may be costing you.
High deductibles reduce prices – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Rates for guys may be higher – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Claims statistics for an Audi A7 – Insurers analyze historical claim data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Bakersfield.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Featured below are Bakersfield independent insurance agents that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
- Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
- Miroslava Hernandez Insurance Agency
6433 E Brundage Ln # 2 – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 326-7200 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give price quotes.
- Abir M Pulskamp – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Mohawk St #240 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 322-3338 – View Map
- Sal Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 Wible Rd #107 – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 398-5144 – View Map
- Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Bakersfield should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long has their agency been in business in Bakersfield?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that you are entitled to cancel your policy whenever you want so never feel you are locked into any specific company for the entire policy term.
You can find affordable coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Bakersfield is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)