Are you trying to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Chevy SS insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes on a Chevy and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Bakersfield agents.
How to compare free Bakersfield Chevy SS insurance quotes
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Chevy vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Get Cheap Insurance with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Filing insurance claims can cost you more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Lower rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – Policies have optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large California cities regularly have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Your vocation and insurance rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, social workers, and dentists tend to pay higher average rates because of high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers like professors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
Insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet SS Vehicles Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Chevy SS insurance prices in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
Lower-priced Chevy SS insurance in Bakersfield is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Bakersfield auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Chevy SS insurance in Bakersfield
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on SS insurance in Bakersfield. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)