Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper Dodge Challenger insurance in Bakersfield? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey car insurance can stress out your family’s budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Performing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by about 47% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Dodge Challenger insurance in Bakersfield
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Challenger insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Bakersfield. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives tips to help keep prices low and find additional discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
Locating the best rates in Bakersfield is much easier if you know where to start. Just about everyone who has to buy car insurance should find a lower price. Nevertheless, California drivers do need to know the way companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Challenger in Bakersfield, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge Challenger with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Challenger outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information displayed next showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Dodge Challenger models. Understanding more about how auto insurance premiums are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below compares Dodge Challenger insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Challenger replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Challenger insurance in Bakersfield
Companies do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Bakersfield auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- E-sign Discounts – A few companies provide a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Bakersfield could trigger savings when getting a Bakersfield auto insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance prices with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To find car insurance companies who offer free Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click this link.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What if I total my Dodge Challenger and owe more than it’s worth?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Challenger?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Best auto insurance company in California
Finding the right insurer can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Bakersfield. The company rank data in the next section could help you select which companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies