The recommended way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for information to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Statistics show that most car insurance buyers in California have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
Companies offering Ford Five Hundred insurance in California
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance rates in Bakersfield
Some companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Bakersfield auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Five Hundred insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your premiums.
To choose insurers with significant discounts in Bakersfield, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent. Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Bakersfield who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Bakersfield, get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How are they compensated?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
When searching for local Bakersfield agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can write insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
- Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
- Keith Goree – State Farm Insurance Agent
11350 Ming Ave #230 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 663-9000 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
- California Canyon Insurance Agency
B, 4900 California Ave #210 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 377-2978 – View Map
Smart consumers save more
When getting Bakersfield auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective Ford Five Hundred insurance is possible online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)