Tired of sacrificing other expenses each month for insurance? You are no different than most other vehicle owners in California.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around annually will probably buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your objective, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Steps to saving money on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Bakersfield
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices regularly from different companies in California.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
Facts and figures for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance
The table below highlights different coverage prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Having a good understanding how policy premiums are determined can help you make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$326||$708||$500||$30||$150||$1,714||$143|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$326||$708||$500||$30||$150||$1,714||$143|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage prices considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance premiums for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How Your Grand Cherokee Insurance Costs are Determined
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Male premiums may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Save annual miles and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Verify your policy reflects how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Grand Cherokee may be costing you.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase auto insurance rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance loss statistics a Jeep Grand Cherokee – Companies factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Grand Cherokee Vehicles Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased on the web and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, so you need to quote Bakersfield car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Bakersfield car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
How to find better rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Bakersfield
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)