Think you have an overpriced insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because you’re not alone.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Bakersfield can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
How to find better rates for Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in California. This can be done by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives information to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper K900 coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Drivers have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield.
Comparing rates for the lowest-priced protection in Bakersfield is quite easy. Essentially every person who shops around for auto insurance should buy a cheaper policy. But California consumers need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Free Bakersfield Kia K900 insurance rate quotes
Most larger insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get price estimates direct online. Getting online quotes for Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield doesn’t take much effort because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want on the page. After you complete the form, their quoting system will order information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
In order to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though Bakersfield K900 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your K900, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Kia K900. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get lower-cost rates by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Bakersfield auto insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Kia K900 insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Bakersfield, click this link.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Bakersfield.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- How long has their agency been open in Bakersfield?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, structural damage, court costs and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like fire damage, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your K900 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your K900 to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as EMT expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Persistent drivers can save
More affordable car insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available online in addition to many Bakersfield insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Kia K900 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding discount Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Kia K900 insurance in Bakersfield is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in California.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)