It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Bakersfield drivers could save up to 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. These tips will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Although California car owners do need to understand how companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Bakersfield is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, their rating system sends out for your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on the data you entered.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best rate on car insurance.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will receive rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Bakersfield
Some companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Online Discount – Some car insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could earn cheaper car insurance rates.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield auto insurance quote when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Range Rover insurance premium.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Bakersfield attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Bakersfield, follow this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your Range Rover
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Land Rover Range Rover has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What if I total my Land Rover Range Rover and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When do I need to have guidance from an agent?
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How long has their agency been open in Bakersfield?
- How many companies do they write for?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Janet Hopkins
1528 18th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-8621 – View Map
- Kathy Herm – State Farm Insurance Agent
93314, 6515 Panama Ln #104 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 832-1020 – View Map
- Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Bakersfield independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Crosby and Crosby Insurance Services
111 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 327-5531 – View Map
- Walter Mortensen Insurance
8500 Stockdale Hwy – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 834-6222 – View Map
- Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map