A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Lexus CT 200h insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers in Bakersfield.
- Learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper CT 200h coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Most of the larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. This process is fairly simple because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Lexus CT 200h insurance in Bakersfield streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to find affordable car insurance pricing.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Why you need insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus CT 200h insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your CT 200h has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How You Can Control Lexus CT 200h Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Reserve claims for larger damages – Companies in California give the lowest premiums to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Higher prices for specific occupations – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, engineers and performers get better rates.
- Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Prevent theft and save money – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Insurance loss probability for a Lexus CT 200h – Insurers factor in historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Lexus CT 200h vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus CT 200h Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus CT 200h Hybrid 4dr 128 92 140 97 114 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Lexus CT 200h insurance in Bakersfield
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on CT 200h insurance in Bakersfield.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Bakersfield, click here to view.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What are the best liability limits?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lexus CT 200h?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Bakersfield.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you want a good Bakersfield insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can handle auto insurance, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
- Walter Mortensen Insurance
8500 Stockdale Hwy – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 834-6222 – View Map
- Tony Camarena Insurance Agency
324 Oak St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 322-3500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Bakersfield exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
- Saif Ahmad – State Farm Insurance Agent
4025 Stockdale Hwy – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 831-1200 – View Map
- Kathy Herm – State Farm Insurance Agent
93314, 6515 Panama Ln #104 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 832-1020 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Bakersfield should know the answers to these questions.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Insurance savings summarized
You just learned many ideas to lower your Lexus CT 200h insurance rates in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More information is located at the links below
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)