The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Lexus GS F insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Bakersfield.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in America can save approximately $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus GS F in Bakersfield, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Five factors that determine insurance premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause fender benders in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower prices – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Better credit means lower premiums – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Lexus GS F by improving your rating.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. It may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Determine discounts on Bakersfield car insurance
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current GS F insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agencies?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find lower prices but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Bakersfield who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Bakersfield?
If you want to buy insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Bakersfield are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Bakersfield who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Hero Singh
3400 Panama Ln h – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 229-4008 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – James Burton Jr.
1309 S H St – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 836-1300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lee Hernandez
1801 21st St Ste 3 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-7761 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
The following are Bakersfield independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
- NSE Insurance Agencies, Inc.
5330 Office Center Ct # 69 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-0620 – View Map
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
- Edward J. Herrera Insurance Agency
2017 19th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-4028 – View Map
We just presented many ways to reduce Lexus GS F insurance prices online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Bakersfield car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and even high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
More information can be found at the links below
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)