It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare other prices are highly likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped around saved about $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for insurance in Bakersfield is your intention, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare coverages can save time and money.
The preferred way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Bakersfield can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Virtually every vehicle owner who carries auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. But California drivers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Get cheaper rates on Nissan Titan XD insurance in Bakersfield with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Titan XD can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their company to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Bakersfield, follow this link.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What if I want to buy from local Bakersfield insurance agencies?
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Bakersfield should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Bakersfield can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield that can give you price quote information.
Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give price quotes.
California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for Nissan Titan XD insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Bakersfield car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read at the links below
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)