A recent insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save roughly 35% a year, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Really, the only way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Cheapest Volkswagen insurance price quotes in Bakersfield
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ten discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Club Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get Bakersfield car insurance quotes online.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- Data Collection Discounts – Bakersfield drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Bakersfield car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, distant student, business and professional, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Esurance discounts include multi-car, emergency road assistance, online shopper, multi-policy, good student, Switch & Save, and claim free.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
If you are trying to find low cost Bakersfield car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To locate insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Bakersfield, click here.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long has their agency been open in Bakersfield?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Shown below are Bakersfield insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Bakersfield.
- Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
- Fallgatter Rhodes Insurance
1701 G St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 324-2424 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lee Hernandez
1801 21st St Ste 3 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-7761 – View Map
- Hay Insurance Agency Inc.
4921 Calloway Dr # 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-8933 – View Map
Car insurance coverages for a Volkswagen Atlas
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, structural damage, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Atlas resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Atlas to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen Atlas.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from getting keyed, fire damage, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Discount Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Bakersfield is available online and also from your neighborhood Bakersfield agents, so get free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Volkswagen Atlas insurance premium rates in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Volkswagen Atlas rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)