We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who get price comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Bakersfield. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Most major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get coverage prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Acura ZDX insurance in Bakersfield is very simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system orders your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Acura ZDX insurance in Bakersfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the most affordable car insurance rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will have rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Choosing the best ZDX insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your ZDX, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Acura and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Analysis of Acura ZDX rates
The table displayed next covers a range of insurance rates for Acura ZDX models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are figured can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$378||$724||$534||$32||$160||$1,828||$152|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$378||$818||$534||$32||$160||$1,922||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Acura ZDX insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Acura ZDX full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Acura ZDX yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura ZDX settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheaper Acura ZDX insurance in Bakersfield with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new ZDX can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield car insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current ZDX insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help lower the premium cost.
The example below illustrates the difference between Acura ZDX yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, good student, driver training, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, multi-car, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Bakersfield should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How long has their agency been open in Bakersfield?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Bakersfield agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Bakersfield can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 Columbus St #400 – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 872-5140 – View Map
- Adam Hopkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
5500 Ming Ave #180 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 396-7947 – View Map
- State Farm: Janet Hopkins
1528 18th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-8621 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
- California Canyon Insurance Agency
B, 4900 California Ave #210 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 377-2978 – View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find cheap Acura ZDX insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
When getting Bakersfield car insurance quotes online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)