Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Bakersfield could save themselves up to $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies in Bakersfield.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Choosing the best rates in Bakersfield can initially seem challenging. Smart buyers just need to learn the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Bakersfield auto insurance
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount available very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current RS7 insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new RS7 can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate companies who offer free Audi RS7 insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Eight Things That Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
Cheaper car insurance rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your car from being stolen.
What are your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Audi. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Is you job costing you more? – Occupations like military generals, architects, and miners usually pay the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Other jobs like actors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Teenage drivers in California are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
An active insurance claims history can cost you more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California generally give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Big city or small town – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Gender and car insurance premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Insurance loss data for an Audi RS7 – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi RS7 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi RS7 4dr 4WD||352|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years