For Lyft vehicles, one of the more important components that are used to help calculate auto insurance rates is where your residence is in Bakersfield. Areas with high crime rates or more dense population will most likely have higher rates, whereas areas with less congestion receive better rates.
The table below rates the most costly cities in California for Lyft drivers to buy car insurance in. Bakersfield is ranked #20 with a yearly premium of $1,381 on average, which is approximately $115 monthly.
|Rank||City||Premium Per Year|
|Find Cheaper Rates Go|
Premium amounts are approximated as the vehicle garaging location can revise prices substantially.
The car, truck, or SUV driven is a large factor when comparing quotes for low-cost insurance for Lyft drivers. Vehicles with high performance features, poor safety ratings, or an increased likelihood of liability claims will cost quite a bit more to insure than more modest models. The data below features coverage costs for the more affordable automobiles to buy insurance for.
|Insured Vehicle||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$879|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$930|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$959|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$977|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$996|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,028|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,033|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,028|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,038|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,041|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,077|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,079|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,092|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$1,098|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,106|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,098|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,107|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$1,114|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,116|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,118|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,135|
|Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,147|
|Get a Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Looking at the numbers, makes and models like the Honda Accord, Ford Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Toyota Tacoma are most likely going to be a few of the most budget-friendly vehicles to insure for Lyft vehicles.
How to get discounts on Bakersfield car insurance rates
Insurers that provide policies for Lyft drivers may also offer premium discounts that could potentially reduce rates by as much as 30% if you meet certain criteria. A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, teen driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, safe driver, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, preferred payment discount, newly married, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
The illustration below shows the difference between car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the average rate with no discounts. The second shows the rates with defensive driving course, vehicle safety, multiple vehicle, multiple policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied. When discounts are applied, the average savings per year on auto insurance for Lyft drivers is 28% or $875.
Which auto insurance company is best in Bakersfield?
Finding the top car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Bakersfield. The company information displayed below may help you decide which coverage providers to look at purchasing from.
The rankings below are only comprised of the largest companies in the United States, so smaller companies are not factored into these rankings. If you wish to compare prices from these top insurers and more, just click here.
Top 10 Major Car Insurance Companies in Bakersfield Ranked by A.M. Best Rating
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Major Car Insurance Companies in Bakersfield Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
How to find more affordable auto insurance for Lyft drivers
The list below shows some of the recommended money-saving ideas that can help drivers get cheaper coverage.
- Buy your auto and home insurance from the same company and save
- Avoid filing excessive claims
- At-fault accidents will increase rates
- Do not pay for comprehensive and collision coverage on older vehicles
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Buy a vehicle with excellent safety ratings
- Keep rates low by shopping around frequently
The final tip is incredibly crucial, as was discussed in the article above. Coverage prices in Bakersfield can change considerably in a year, so drivers shouldn’t be reluctant to buy a policy from a new company if a better rate can be found.
Having brand loyalty is commendable, but it isn’t a good idea if that dedication is costing a fortune every year. In less than five minutes you could shop around to find cheaper car insurance for Lyft drivers.