How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield? Pretty sure you bought high-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield? Believe me, there are a lot of people in Bakersfield just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Regrettably, the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. California insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
How to buy low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield
To save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare quotes annually from providers who can sell car insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Read about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides information to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute lowest rate possible on Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best insurance company for you in Bakersfield can be easy if you know a few tricks. But California drivers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheapest Dodge insurance rates in Bakersfield
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Dodge Ram insurance rate analysis
The rate table shown below outlines a range of policy rates for Dodge Ram models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$366||$638||$650||$38||$194||$1,886||$157|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$412||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,070||$173|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$458||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,392||$199|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$458||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,392||$199|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up Dodge Ram annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may have discounts that include early quote, driver training, home ownership, student away at school, good student, save driver, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, switch companies, and business and professional.
- USAA has discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, new vehicle, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, safety features, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and new vehicle discount.
Check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Bakersfield. To view insurers with the best Dodge Ram insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Dodge Ram Insurance Price Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Dodge every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Ram is just wasting money.
Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- More people means more accidents – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- No auto insurance claims equals cheap rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California provide the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Bakersfield.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Bakersfield that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you’re trying to find a good Bakersfield insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Bakersfield independent agents that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are Bakersfield exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Bakersfield should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are possible
Discount Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Bakersfield
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in California.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like speeding and a low credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)