It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance in Bakersfield is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in California.
- Learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for the details to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Regrettably, over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in California could save 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Shopping around for more affordable insurance coverage in Bakersfield is easy if you know what you’re doing. You just have to understand the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Take policy discounts and save on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Bakersfield
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts include:
Double check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To view insurers with the best discounts in California, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Bakersfield is pretty painless because you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Bakersfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will be getting a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Buyers Save More
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Single vs. married – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Are males or females drivers cheaper? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Low physical damage deductibles mean high rates – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Jaguar. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Alarm systems lowers premiums – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Youthful drivers in California have been known to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Jaguar S-Type scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Never have coverage lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Bakersfield that can give you free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long have they been in business?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Bakersfield agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are Bakersfield exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mike Boyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
9720 Brimhall Rd Ste 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 588-1140 – View Map
- Dawn Fore – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Truxtun Ave #200 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 324-2300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lee Hernandez
1801 21st St Ste 3 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-7761 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Covermax Insurance Agency Inc.
1910 E California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 363-0645 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Fox, James H – James H Fox Insurance
42 Bernard St – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 322-2023 – View Map
Car insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your S-Type, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Jaguar and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Jaguar as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your S-Type are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in California overpays more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Bakersfield car insurance company ratings
Picking the top auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in California. The ranking information shown next may help you pick which providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
One last thing about your coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for Jaguar S-Type insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)