Sad but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers could save 46.5% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
The recommended way to get affordable BMW M2 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Bakersfield. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to help reduce prices and find additional discounts.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Immediately place the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Buying the cheapest insurance in Bakersfield is not that difficult. But California consumers must know how companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
Finding BMW M2 insurance in Bakersfield, California
To get low cost Bakersfield auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in California. The easiest way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent. Just remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Not every company does online rate quotes, so you also need to get prices from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your BMW M2
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your BMW gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t overlook these BMW M2 insurance discounts
Some insurers do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up online.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Bakersfield can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield auto insurance with certain companies.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers that offer discounts in California, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Bakersfield?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does my BMW M2 need full coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Bakersfield car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Bakersfield. The ranking data in the lists below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Persistence will pay off
Cheap BMW M2 insurance in Bakersfield can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Bakersfield agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your BMW M2 insurance prices in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about insurance in California can be found at these links:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)