To save the most money, the best way to get discount Buick LaCrosse insurance in Bakersfield is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in California.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives information to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
Shopping for affordable protection in Bakersfield is actually quite simple. Basically, every driver who has to buy insurance will probably buy a cheaper policy. But California consumers do need to know the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates.
Companies offering affordable Buick LaCrosse rates in Bakersfield, CA
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Buick LaCrosse insurance rate analysis
The premium information displayed below covers different insurance coverage prices for Buick LaCrosse models. Learning a little about how insurance rates are figured can help customers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$304||$536||$384||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can influence prices significantly.
Buick LaCrosse liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below compares Buick LaCrosse premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick LaCrosse claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Get cheaper Buick LaCrosse insurance rates in Bakersfield
Some providers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Bakersfield may earn a discount on your bill.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a lower insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Buick LaCrosse insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that have most of the discounts above are:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Buick LaCrosse Insurance
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
The items below are a few of the things used by companies to determine rates.
City traffic equals higher costs – Having an address in areas with lower population can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Prices can be impacted by your employer – Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
Miles impacts rates – The more you drive your Buick each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated LaCrosse is just wasting money. Verify your policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven.
Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Deter car thieves – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Buick LaCrosse insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurance companies allow lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
When should you file policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in California give most affordable rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Loss statistics for a Buick LaCrosse – Companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick LaCrosse 2WD||96||85||93||100||109||92|
|Buick LaCrosse 4WD||101||92||113|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What are good deductibles for a Buick LaCrosse?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local Bakersfield insurance agencies and auto insurance
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Bakersfield.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Bakersfield agents, there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield who can help you get pricing information.
- Crosby and Crosby Insurance Services
111 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 327-5531 – View Map
- Edward J. Herrera Insurance Agency
2017 19th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-4028 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Bakersfield exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Brian Parks
1612 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 859-1000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ana M. Arreola
6649 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 633-2633 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Bakersfield?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that consumers can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way to switch.
Persistent drivers can save
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)