Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Buick Lucerne insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a Buick and locate the lowest price either online or from Bakersfield insurance agents.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Bakersfield is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Smart buyers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Finding more affordable Buick Lucerne insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to spend a little time to get quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Buick Lucerne rate quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The data table below outlines estimates of prices for Buick Lucerne models. Understanding how insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$330||$774||$416||$24||$124||$1,668||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in your specific Bakersfield location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Buick Lucerne annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Buick Lucerne insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Lucerne replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Lucerne in Bakersfield, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Buick Lucerne and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Components of Your Buick Lucerne Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Gender is a factor – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better car insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Drivers with good credit save on car insurance – A driver’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Lucerne if you improve your credit rating.
The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below assumes a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Buick Lucerne insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – Policies have additional coverages that may not really be needed on your car insurance policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your vehicle rating shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Lucerne is just wasting money.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Bakersfield insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below compares Buick Lucerne insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Bakersfield. To choose insurers that offer some of these discounts in California, click here.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where are claims handled?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
Types of auto insurance agents in Bakersfield
When searching for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Abir M Pulskamp – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Mohawk St #240 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 322-3338 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Grant Fortt
2623 F St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 829-4499 – View Map
- Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always check rates from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
- Lorena Magana Insurance Agency, Inc.
4141 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (559) 783-9550 – View Map
One last note
When getting Bakersfield car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Buick Lucerne insurance rates in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
How to find cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Bakersfield
Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for Buick Lucerne insurance in Bakersfield is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Bakersfield. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read at the links below
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)