It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around annually are inclined to switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Buick Verano insurance in Bakersfield is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Buick Verano insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Bakersfield insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Companies offering affordable Buick Verano rates in Bakersfield, CA
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Verano can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will lower your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, air bags, driver training, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, anti-theft, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To see insurers who offer online Buick Verano insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click here.
Components of Your Buick Verano Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- How much liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Prices are affected by your address – Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Save money with high credit – Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Buick Verano if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, protects your Buick from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Females and males are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Buick Verano Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing rates from local Bakersfield insurance agents
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Below is a short list of insurers in Bakersfield willing to provide price quotes for Buick Verano insurance in Bakersfield.
- Tony Camarena Insurance Agency
324 Oak St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 322-3500 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lee Hernandez
1801 21st St Ste 3 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-7761 – View Map
- William K Lyons Agency Inc
2100 F St # 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-9731 – View Map
- Fox, James H – James H Fox Insurance
42 Bernard St – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 322-2023 – View Map
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
More effort can pay off
Discount Buick Verano insurance in Bakersfield is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Bakersfield agents, so you need to quote Bakersfield car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
We just covered many ideas to compare Buick Verano insurance prices in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Bakersfield car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)