It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who rate shop once a year are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding discount prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $72 a month compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for Cadillac Escalade insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The recommended way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Bakersfield. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Best companies for Cadillac Escalade insurance
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Cadillac Escalade coverage statistics
The rate information displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Cadillac Escalade models. Knowing how insurance premiums are formulated is important for you to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$374||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,756||$146|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$408||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,790||$149|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$408||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,790||$149|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$408||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,790||$149|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$408||$778||$510||$30||$152||$1,878||$157|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$408||$778||$510||$30||$152||$1,878||$157|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$408||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,872||$156|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$408||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,872||$156|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$442||$860||$510||$30||$152||$1,994||$166|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$442||$860||$510||$30||$152||$1,994||$166|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Bakersfield location which can alter prices greatly.
What Affects Cadillac Escalade Insurance Costs?
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates. Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Never let your insurance expire – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Single drivers may have higher premiums – Being married may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Driving citations increase costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with license-revoking citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Cadillac Escalade rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac Escalade – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac Escalade vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Cadillac Escalade Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD 156 122 Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD 132 99 119 55 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD 124 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD 123 106 155BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Bakersfield insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Sign Online – A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Bakersfield attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below compares Cadillac Escalade car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts including online quote, claim free, online shopper, DriveSense, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, teen driver discount, good student, new graduate, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for student away at school, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, group or association, and air bags.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, military active duty, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not apply in every state. To choose providers with discount insurance rates in California, click this link.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Bakersfield should know the answers to these questions.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
When searching for a local Bakersfield insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out how they are different because it can influence your agent selection.
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below are Bakersfield independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
Shop smart and save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Cadillac Escalade insurance rates in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Cost effective Cadillac Escalade insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many Bakersfield insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)