Are you drained from not being able to scrape enough together to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as millions of other drivers.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of California drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in the United States could save themselves as much as $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Bakersfield a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Veloster insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Bakersfield car insurance quotes online.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, driver’s education, accident-free, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Esurance discounts include multi-policy, safety device, renters, online quote, and homeowner.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, business or organization, accident-free, defensive driving, and easy pay.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in every state. For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
When quoting insurance, remember that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company does Bakersfield Veloster insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes from them, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you want a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Bakersfield are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Bakersfield exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
Tom Smethurst – State Farm Insurance Agent
13061 Rosedale Hwy a – Bakersfield, CA 93314 – (661) 589-1991 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map
If you feel you receive good responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage when you choose so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced insurance in Bakersfield can be found from both online companies in addition to many Bakersfield insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to find affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
How to save on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Bakersfield
The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Hyundai Veloster insurance in Bakersfield is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)