The preferred way to find cheaper quotes for Lincoln MKT insurance in Bakersfield is to do an annual price comparison from providers in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and poor credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sadly, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lincoln MKT insurance in Bakersfield?
Auto insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Lincoln MKT insurance in Bakersfield.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKT insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Bakersfield, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Lincoln MKT insurance in Bakersfield is to know the fact most of the bigger providers provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if a SR-22 is required, if it has an alarm system, if you are currently licensed, and how you use your vehicles. Your information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The data table displayed below covers different insurance prices for Lincoln MKT models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are determined can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$428||$774||$674||$40||$202||$2,118||$177|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Lincoln MKT insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKT car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKT claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Bakersfield agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that can give you price quotes.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Lincoln MKT insurance rates online in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lincoln MKT insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)