The best way to find cheaper quotes for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Bakersfield is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and a negative credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Bakersfield is your objective, then having some insight into how to quote and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Bakersfield can initially seem challenging. If you have a current car insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the best way to shop for car insurance from many companies at once.
Finding a lower price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Bakersfield
Some companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will cut your auto insurance premiums.
To find companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agencies?
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Bakersfield who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Bakersfield?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield willing to provide price quotes.
- Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Charles Brummer
4300 Coffee Rd, Ste A4 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 283-0300 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Ruth Escobar
400 Chester Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 631-2420 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Bakersfield that can give you rate quotes.
- Crosby and Crosby Insurance Services
111 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 327-5531 – View Map
- Fallgatter Rhodes Insurance
1701 G St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 324-2424 – View Map
- Clifford and Bradford Insurance Agency
1515 20th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 283-8100 – View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as inexpensive Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Bakersfield quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you are locked into any specific agency for a certain time period.
Lower Your Bakersfield Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine prices.
Cheaper rates by consolidating – The majority of car insurance companies provide better rates for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Gender is a factor – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Prevent theft and save money – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
More performance means higher rates – The type of car you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Job and insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as judges, executives, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Never let your policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Liability preserves assets – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercedes-Benz has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Mercedes-Benz. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mercedes-Benz as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $750 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance premium rates in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)