How long has it been since you compared quotes for lower-priced Mercury Sable insurance in Bakersfield? Shopping for cheap Bakersfield Mercury Sable insurance quotes online may be somewhat intimidating for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates and buying insurance on the web. With so many agents and companies in the marketplace, how are consumers able to have a chance to compare every insurance company to find the cheapest price possible?
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers in California renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States could save an average of almost 47% each year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Shopping around for the best policy in Bakersfield is not as hard as you think. In essence, anyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance will probably find a lower price. But California vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including your occupation, how your vehicles are used, if you’re married, and if your license is active. The data gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To find lower lower-cost Mercury Sable insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Mercury Sable insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Sable can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could qualify for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few companies that may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in California, click this link.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Bakersfield agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agents in Bakersfield who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Bakersfield that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sal Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 Wible Rd #107 – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 398-5144 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Hill
2500 New Stine Rd Ste 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 836-1136 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Brian Parks
1612 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 859-1000 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Bakersfield?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Accidents will cost you – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
Better credit means lower premiums – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Mercury Sable if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Bundle home and auto and save – Some insurance companies apply lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
An active policy claims history can cost more – Car insurance companies in California give lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Raise deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Mercury. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mercury Sable in Bakersfield, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mercury Sable, most banks will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Mercury gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more to save more
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare Mercury Sable insurance prices in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Bakersfield car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with an unexpected company.
When you buy Bakersfield car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to save on Mercury Sable insurance in Bakersfield
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Mercury Sable insurance in Bakersfield is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Sable coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)