If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Mini Cooper insurance in Bakersfield is to start comparing rates regularly from providers that insure vehicles in California.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save an average of $469 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Companies offering Mini Cooper insurance in Bakersfield
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of prices for Mini Cooper models. Having a good understanding how policy rates are established can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cooper 2-Dr Hatchback||$422||$844||$508||$30||$152||$1,956||$163|
|Cooper 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$844||$394||$24||$118||$1,802||$150|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Hatchback||$422||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,108||$176|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Convertible||$476||$996||$394||$24||$118||$2,008||$167|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Hatchback||$476||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,162||$180|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Convertible||$530||$1146||$394||$24||$118||$2,212||$184|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Mini Cooper insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Five Things That Affect Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – The majority of companies apply discounts to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates.
- Lower rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mini Cooper insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Job reflects on rates – Occupations like military generals, business owners, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like professors, engineers and performers get better rates.
Insurance losses for a Mini Cooper – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium prices. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the loss history for Mini Cooper vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Mini Cooper Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mini Cooper 92 72 114 74 74 85 Mini Cooper Convertible 80 72 100 57 Mini Cooper Coupe 72 60 Mini Cooper Roadster Convertible 57 50 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Mini Cooper insurance in Bakersfield
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Bakersfield Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Bakersfield may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below compares Mini Cooper yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that have some of the above discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Bakersfield. To locate insurance companies with significant discounts in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Bakersfield?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Bakersfield are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Bakersfield exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Rosie Schweer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Gosford Rd #103 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 396-7961 – View Map
- Kelli Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2665 Calloway Dr #206 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-1011 – View Map
- Mike Brazzell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3721 Columbus St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 872-7770 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that can give you comparison quotes.
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
If you receive good responses to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Lower rates by being persistent
Lower-priced Mini Cooper insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When searching for cheaper Bakersfield car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read many ways to find cheap Mini Cooper insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)