The most effective way to get low-cost Nissan Titan insurance in Bakersfield is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to quote and compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Bakersfield Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Nissan each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Titan is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce insurance rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurance companies will award better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare Nissan Titan rates in Bakersfield to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Nissan is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Titan – Car insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the loss history for Nissan Titan vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Titan Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The rate table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Nissan Titan models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$264||$446||$746||$44||$224||$1,724||$144|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$446||$746||$44||$224||$1,724||$144|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$264||$446||$746||$44||$224||$1,724||$144|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$524||$746||$44||$224||$1,802||$150|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$524||$746||$44||$224||$1,832||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premiums greatly.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out life insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Bakersfield could trigger savings on your next renewal.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Titan car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, and driver training.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, air bags, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, multi-policy, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts may not be offered in your state.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Nissan Titan insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Nissan Titan insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be found below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)