If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper XL-7 coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A study showed that people who shopped around every year saved on average $860 a year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Bakersfield is your objective, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
To find cheap prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different California insurance companies. The simplest method to find affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates in Bakersfield
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, federal employee, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, homeowner, teen safety rewards, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, early bird, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To view insurers who offer online Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Bakersfield, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XL-7 has a loan, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Suzuki for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Suzuki but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance company in Bakersfield
Finding the top insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Bakersfield. The ranking information in the next section may help you pick which auto insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Auto insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Suzuki XL-7?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- If my Suzuki XL-7 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to companies in Bakersfield that can give you free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has the business existed?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they full-time agents?
Best auto insurance agent in Bakersfield
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Bakersfield can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Bakersfield who may provide you with price quote information.
- State Farm: Janet Hopkins
1528 18th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-8621 – View Map
- James Stuart – State Farm Insurance Agent
5125 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 831-6266 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – E Bob White
3811 Auburn St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 871-3000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Bakersfield independent insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Baldwin Georgenton Insurance
4200 Truxtun Ave # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-8010 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map