A recent insurance study revealed that most drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Bakersfield drivers could save roughly 35% a year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The easiest way to save money on Chevy City Express insurance in Bakersfield is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the best rates in Bakersfield is not that difficult. If you are already insured, you should be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just have to use the most effective way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in California
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics for a Chevy City Express
The premium information shown next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy City Express models. Knowing how policy premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$288||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,362||$114|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$288||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,462||$122|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$332||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,606||$134|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$332||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,606||$134|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$332||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,606||$134|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$332||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,606||$134|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$374||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Chevy City Express insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below compares Chevy City Express auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy City Express book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance at a Discount
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Does car insurance cost more for guys? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both get in fender benders at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Lower rates with uninterrupted coverage – Going without insurance can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Having a spouse can lower premiums – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Filing policy claims can increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in California generally give the lowest premiums to people who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
More performance means higher costs – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data assumes a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Chevrolet City Express policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
How your age affects rates – Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can cause a big jump in price. Older people are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Good drivers pay lower prices – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Chevy City Express auto insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get Bakersfield car insurance on the internet.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Bakersfield may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on City Express insurance in Bakersfield.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, accident-free, age of vehicle, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, driver training, good student, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and multiple autos.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Bakersfield. To see companies who offer discounts in Bakersfield, click here.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Bakersfield should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- When do they do a full risk review?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield willing to provide price quotes.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Bakersfield?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chevy City Express?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your Chevy City Express insurance auto insurance rates in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet City Express insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Low-cost Chevy City Express insurance in Bakersfield can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)