Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Chevy Impala insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best way to compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
If you want to save money, the best way to save on Chevy Impala insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Our goal is to help you learn how insurance works and how to save the most money. But California vehicle owners need to learn the way companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find better pricing.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of Chevy Impala rates
The coverage information displayed next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Impala models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are determined can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Bakersfield garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes significantly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Chevy Impala annual premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Chevy Impala insurance costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Impala has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Impala but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Jobs like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers generally have higher average rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like professors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Impala scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Liability limits should be high – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- When should you not file insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in California award lower rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Your location is a factor – Living in less populated areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Improve your credit score and save – An insured’s credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Impala if you improve your credit rating.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Impala – Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Impala Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Impala 104 89 135 122 122 104 Chevrolet Impala Limited 100 115 79 142 148 153BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare. Compare. Compare.
The cheapest Chevy Impala insurance in Bakersfield can be found both online and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, so you need to shop Bakersfield car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service or even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Chevy Impala insurance premium rates online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)