The best way to get affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around annually are very likely to switch car insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
The goal of this article is to tell you the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners must understand how insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Insurance Prices Can Be More Affordable
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Age of drivers impacts prices – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Silverado 2500HD is throwing money out the window. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Gender and car insurance prices – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- How credit rating affects insurance prices – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD if you clean up your credit. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Premium rates and analysis
The table shown next showcases estimates of insurance rates for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Having insight into how prices are figured can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,134||$178|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$412||$882||$574||$34||$172||$2,074||$173|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$412||$882||$574||$34||$172||$2,074||$173|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$412||$998||$650||$38||$194||$2,292||$191|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevy Silverado 2500HD yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Bakersfield
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, good student, anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, and student away at school.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, good driver, good student, air bags, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, renters, online shopper, defensive driver, claim free, good driver, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
Check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Bakersfield.
Car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Bakersfield. The rank data listed below may help you select which car insurance companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Cheap auto insurance prices are available
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
We covered a lot of tips how to compare Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance premium rates in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found at these links:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)