It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save themselves roughly $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more details to help reduce prices and get bigger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Traverse coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Bakersfield is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Shoppers just have to understand the quickest way to get comparison quotes on the web.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including your credit rating estimate, level of coverage desired, if a SR-22 is required, and your job. The rating information is instantly sent to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest Chevy Traverse insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Lower-cost Bakersfield car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Bakersfield auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The chart below compares Chevy Traverse insurance premiums with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Chevy Traverse insurance quotes in Bakersfield in California, follow this link.
Analysis of Chevy Traverse rates
The rate table shown next covers estimates of policy rates for Chevy Traverse models. Understanding how policy premiums are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$366||$638||$488||$28||$146||$1,666||$139|
|Traverse LS AWD||$412||$638||$488||$28||$146||$1,712||$143|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$412||$638||$488||$28||$146||$1,712||$143|
|Traverse LT AWD||$412||$776||$488||$28||$146||$1,850||$154|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$412||$776||$488||$28||$146||$1,850||$154|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$412||$776||$488||$28||$146||$1,850||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Bakersfield garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Chevy Traverse annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Drive safe and save
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims increase Chevy Traverse auto insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below compares Chevy Traverse insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Traverse claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Chevy Traverse Insurance Cost Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Chevrolet Traverse car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better auto insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most major auto insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
- More annual miles equals more premium – The more you drive your Chevy each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Traverse is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Traverse – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Bakersfield car insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Bakersfield that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Bakersfield for you
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Bakersfield that can give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Bakersfield will have answers to these questions.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy Traverse to commute?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Best auto insurance company in California
Finding a good quality company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Bakersfield. The ranking data shown below could help you analyze which companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered many tips how you can save on Chevy Traverse insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
More affordable car insurance in Bakersfield is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)