The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in California. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare price quotes will probably buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on Chrysler 200 insurance in Bakersfield is your objective, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
Getting quotes for affordable auto insurance in Bakersfield is not as hard as you may think. If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. You just have to use the proper way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 200 insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 200 has a loan, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Chrysler 200 but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Six discounts for cheap insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list all possible discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Bakersfield can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield car insurance with certain companies.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is still important in Bakersfield.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Bakersfield can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you will want to compare prices from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are Bakersfield independent agents who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Covermax Insurance Agency Inc.
1910 E California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 363-0645 – View Map
- Hay Insurance Agency Inc.
4921 Calloway Dr # 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-8933 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Bakersfield exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5550 California Ave #101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 431-1780 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – E Bob White
3811 Auburn St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 871-3000 – View Map
- Dennis Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1811 Oak St Ste 155 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-6990 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chrysler 200.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This covers damage to your 200 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your 200 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as pain medications, dental work and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
California car insurance company ratings
Picking the right insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The ranking data in the next section may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
The cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance in Bakersfield can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)