Sadly, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. California insurance shoppers could save themselves roughly $470 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more details to help prevent costly coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Make sure you store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Bakersfield takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information including any included safety features, your credit rating estimate, your job, and if you have a valid license. Your rating data is then sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid in Bakersfield, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pacifica Hybrid, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Pacifica Hybrid are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Bakersfield?
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Pacifica Hybrid can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Pacifica Hybrid insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Bakersfield auto insurance quotes online.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer free Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click this link.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent. Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Bakersfield.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes for Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Bakersfield.
Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. A good agent in Bakersfield will have answers to these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they full-time agents?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
If you feel you receive good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance company that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance. Just understand that consumers can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific company for the entire policy term.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, surgery and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, loss of income, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Pacifica Hybrid from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Pacifica Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto insurance savings summarized
Discount Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, lack of trust in their agent or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)