If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in California.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Bakersfield is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Bakersfield is really quite easy. Practically anyone who is looking for a better price on auto insurance will probably find lower prices. But California car owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
Chrysler Pacifica insurance quotes comparison
To get cheaper Bakersfield auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from different Bakersfield insurance companies. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more prices helps you find lower pricing. Not every company provides online Bakersfield Pacifica insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
These discounts can reduce Chrysler Pacifica insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount available very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Pacifica insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will lower your overall premium however.
To find insurers that offer the discounts shown above in California, click this link.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Where you live is a factor – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims.
Your vocation can affect prices – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as real estate brokers, business owners, and miners tend to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
High comp and collision deductibles lower rates – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Responsible credit equals lower prices – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Chrysler Pacifica by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield that can provide free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When researching a local Bakersfield insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Bakersfield exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5550 California Ave #101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 431-1780 – View Map
- Keith Goree – State Farm Insurance Agent
11350 Ming Ave #230 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 663-9000 – View Map
- Sal Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 Wible Rd #107 – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 398-5144 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, you will want to get quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
- Hay Insurance Agency Inc.
4921 Calloway Dr # 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-8933 – View Map
- Lorena Magana Insurance Agency, Inc.
4141 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (559) 783-9550 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
Be persistent and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your Chrysler Pacifica insurance car insurance rates in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)