If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Bakersfield.
- First, spend some time learning about auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Bakersfield drivers could save themselves 35% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
How to buy BMW X6 insurance online
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage price quotes online. Getting online quotes for BMW X6 insurance in Bakersfield is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these factors.
The ability to get online rates for BMW X6 insurance in Bakersfield makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will have rate quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
The premium table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for BMW X6 models. Knowing how insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X6 35I AWD||$228||$472||$424||$26||$126||$1,276||$106|
|X6 50I AWD||$250||$526||$424||$26||$126||$1,352||$113|
|X6 ActiveHybrid AWD||$270||$582||$424||$26||$126||$1,428||$119|
|X6 M AWD||$270||$582||$424||$26||$126||$1,428||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change BMW X6 insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
BMW X6 liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of BMW X6 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your BMW X6 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Discount Bakersfield car insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable BMW X6 insurance rates in Bakersfield.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Bakersfield auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will give a small break shop Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Bakersfield Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Bakersfield auto insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will positively reduce the premium cost.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of BMW X6 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
For a list of companies with the best BMW X6 insurance discounts in Bakersfield in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Insuring your BMW X6 just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Bakersfield, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your BMW at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your BMW but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance in Bakersfield
Selecting a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The company information listed below could help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Bakersfield car insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Bakersfield?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?