Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower prices are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Bakersfield is your intention, then understanding the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
Really, the only way to get low-cost Lexus NX 300h insurance in Bakersfield is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting quotes for Lexus NX 300h insurance in Bakersfield is very simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When complete, their rating system orders your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest payment.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Save with these six discounts on Lexus NX 300h insurance in Bakersfield
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Bakersfield Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn cheaper prices.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need cheaper Bakersfield car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Why you need insurance for your Lexus NX 300h
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus NX 300h in Bakersfield, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Bakersfield.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Bakersfield insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Bakersfield that can give you competitive price quotes.
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Stockdale Insurance Agency Inc
1675 Chester Ave #310 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-3321 – View Map
- Edward J. Herrera Insurance Agency
2017 19th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-4028 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5550 California Ave #101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 431-1780 – View Map
- Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Megan Waite
4200 Easton Dr #1 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-3486 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Car insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your NX 300h from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your NX 300h to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lexus NX 300h.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as pain medications, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage