Shockingly, most insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Bakersfield could save nearly 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper insurance rates.
The best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Finding and comparing cheaper insurance coverage in Bakersfield is not as time-consuming as you think. Nevertheless, California consumers do need to know how companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Bakersfield insurance discounts for a Lincoln Mark LT
Insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield car insurance depending on your company.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, student away at school, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly married, multi-policy, new move discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, air bags, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, youthful driver, switch companies, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, multiple vehicles, paperless, student away at school, anti-theft, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, safe driver, and multi-car.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Bakersfield. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Bakersfield, click here to view.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I rate my Lincoln Mark LT as pleasure use or commute?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Bakersfield.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Bakersfield that provide free Bakersfield car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield who may provide free price quotes.
- Miroslava Hernandez Insurance Agency
6433 E Brundage Ln # 2 – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 326-7200 – View Map
- Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
- Fox, James H – James H Fox Insurance
42 Bernard St – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 322-2023 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Bakersfield who can help you get price quote information.
- Dawn Fore – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Truxtun Ave #200 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 324-2300 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5550 California Ave #101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 431-1780 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Scott Brown
6501 Schirra Ct #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 837-4100 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Bakersfield, get answers to these questions.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Bakersfield?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Bakersfield?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Bakersfield can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered many ideas to save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)