Astonishing but true according to a recent study, 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Bakersfield consumers could save roughly 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
The preferred way to get discount Lincoln MKX insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Bakersfield.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more details to help find cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper MKX coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Comparison shopping for the most affordable policy in Bakersfield can be fairly easy. But California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies compete online.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lincoln MKX insurance rate analysis
The information shown below covers different insurance rates for Lincoln MKX models. Having insight into how auto insurance prices are calculated can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific Bakersfield garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between Lincoln MKX insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Even though Bakersfield MKX insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln MKX, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Lincoln MKX Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
High coverage deductibles reduce rates – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Rates increase with driving citations – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Even a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Lincoln MKX insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
How do annual miles impact prices? – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money. Improper usage on your MKX may be costing you higher rates.
The higher your credit score the lower your prices – Credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Lincoln MKX by improving your rating.
Your address can modify prices – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Insurance loss probability for a Lincoln MKX – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKX 4dr 2WD||77||80||67||66||81||78|
|Lincoln MKX 4dr 4WD||86||91||92||76||79||87|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Bakersfield insurance
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current MKX insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on MKX insurance in Bakersfield.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield car insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new MKX may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKX insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see insurers who offer free Lincoln MKX insurance quotes in California, click this link.
It’s not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Bakersfield?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Comparing prices from local Bakersfield car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Bakersfield.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Bakersfield agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you need to get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- William K Lyons Agency Inc
2100 F St # 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-9731 – View Map
- Lorena Magana Insurance Agency, Inc.
4141 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (559) 783-9550 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield that can give you price quotes.
- Keith Stonebraker – State Farm Insurance Agent
4600 Ashe Rd #308 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 664-9663 – View Map
- Mike Brazzell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3721 Columbus St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 872-7770 – View Map
- Tom Smethurst – State Farm Insurance Agent
13061 Rosedale Hwy a – Bakersfield, CA 93314 – (661) 589-1991 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Bakersfield should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If they are an independent agency in Bakersfield, which companies do they recommend?
If you get reasonable responses to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy for any reason so never assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full policy term.
Best car insurance in Bakersfield
Choosing a high-quality company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company ratings shown next could help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last thing to lower rates
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on Lincoln MKX insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Lincoln MKX insurance in Bakersfield is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in California is located below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)