Inconceivable but true, most drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Bakersfield could save up to 35% every year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
The preferred way to get discount Nissan Juke insurance in Bakersfield is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Bakersfield. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Seven factors that determine insurance rates
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Your career may increase premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like military generals, airline pilots, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in California give most affordable rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Never let your car insurance expire – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California DMV.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high premiums – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with license-revoking tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – The higher the miles on your Nissan in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Juke is just wasting money.
- Deter vehicle theft – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Juke – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Juke Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare free Bakersfield Nissan Juke insurance rate quotes
Most companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give prices for coverage direct online. Comparing Nissan Juke insurance rates online can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Nissan Juke insurance in Bakersfield simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find affordable insurance pricing.
To quickly compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Juke
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Bakersfield, buying car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan Juke with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan Juke but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Juke outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t overlook these Nissan Juke insurance discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to track driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Juke insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, air bags, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and driver training.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including home ownership, payment discounts, driver training, multi-policy, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, new move discount, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, Steer into Savings, good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Bakersfield, follow this link.
Insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Bakersfield should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Diana Martinez
6300 White Ln T – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 827-8800 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Grant Fortt
2623 F St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 829-4499 – View Map
- Saif Ahmad – State Farm Insurance Agent
4025 Stockdale Hwy – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 831-1200 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
- Baldwin Georgenton Insurance
4200 Truxtun Ave # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-8010 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
How to find a good California auto insurance company
Ending up with the best car insurance provider is hard considering how many choices you have in Bakersfield. The information displayed below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Smart consumers save more
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your Nissan Juke insurance rates in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)