Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield? Pricey auto insurance in Bakersfield can sap your budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing rates annually can lower your rates and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Bakersfield could save themselves nearly $469 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
How to find lower priced Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in California.
- Step 1: Try to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding and your credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for tips to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Model S coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate possible on Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield.
You need to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews since insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to save on auto insurance.
How to get free Tesla Model S insurance quotes online
The majority of larger companies give coverage prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield is possible for anyone as you just type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system requests your driving record and credit report and provides a quote. Being able to quote online for Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for lower-cost prices.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Tesla Model S insurance in Bakersfield
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with a lower insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Claim-Free Discount – Bakersfield drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Model S insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Bakersfield car insurance quotes online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include driver training, multi-policy, student away at school, multi-car, and new car.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, early bird, TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Bakersfield car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Bakersfield, click this link.
Informed Drivers Can Lower Their Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates. Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most auto insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Where you live – Living in a small town may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Better credit means lower rates – Credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Tesla Model S if you improve your credit rating.
Lower rates with alarm systems – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Tesla Model S statistical loss data – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Tesla Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD||324||116||208||39||46||104|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD||333|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years