If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance in Bakersfield is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in California.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Eos coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. consumers can save nearly $860 each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
Companies offering Volkswagen Eos insurance in Bakersfield
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Volkswagen Eos insurance rate analysis
The rate table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Volkswagen Eos models. Having a better idea how auto insurance premiums are established can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in Bakersfield location which can revise rates substantially.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can change Volkswagen Eos insurance prices for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Volkswagen Eos liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Eos replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Lower-cost Bakersfield auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to track vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current Eos insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Eos can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine prices.
Older drivers are lower risk – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Prevent theft and save – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft.
Why do you need liability insurance? – Liability insurance is the protection when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Know your credit score – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Eos by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Is you occupation costing you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as lawyers, police officers, and miners tend to pay higher average rates attributed to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss probability for a Volkswagen Eos – Car insurance companies study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Volkswagen Eos vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Eos Convertible||88||77||78||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen Eos?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there a local claims center in Bakersfield?
When looking for a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
These agents can only write with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Janet Hopkins
1528 18th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-8621 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Eric Peters
1519 Eye St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 872-8113 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ana M. Arreola
6649 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 633-2633 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Bakersfield independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Fox, James H – James H Fox Insurance
42 Bernard St – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 322-2023 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Crosby and Crosby Insurance Services
111 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 327-5531 – View Map
Cover all your bases
You just read many ideas to find lower-cost Volkswagen Eos insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)