Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced Dodge Dakota insurance in Bakersfield? Think you have an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Bakersfield consumers could cut their rates by as much as $500 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Dodge Dakota insurance in Bakersfield
The best way to find affordable quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Bakersfield. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like traffic violations and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more information to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Dakota coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
You have multiple insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to compare company pricing for Dodge Dakota insurance in Bakersfield.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage periodically since prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Dodge Dakota insurance in Bakersfield a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Bakersfield.
Obtaining price quotes for the lowest cost insurance policy in Bakersfield is not as time-consuming as you think. In essence, every driver who has to purchase insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. But California consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheap car insurance in Bakersfield, CA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The data table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Dodge Dakota models. Being able to understand how premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$284||$672||$580||$34||$174||$1,744||$145|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$284||$672||$580||$34||$174||$1,744||$145|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$326||$672||$580||$34||$174||$1,786||$149|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$672||$580||$34||$174||$1,786||$149|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$792||$580||$34||$174||$1,906||$159|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$792||$580||$34||$174||$1,906||$159|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$792||$580||$34||$174||$1,950||$163|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$792||$464||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$792||$464||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$792||$464||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$412||$792||$464||$28||$138||$1,834||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Get discounts to get affordable Bakersfield insurance rates
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from Bakersfield attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Bakersfield is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Bakersfield auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Bakersfield. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, follow this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing your policy, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Comparing quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agents
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Dakota.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Dakota resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Dakota to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like dental work, hospital visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Lower-priced auto insurance in Bakersfield can be sourced on the web and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, so you need to shop Bakersfield auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Dakota insurance premium rates in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to finding low-cost Dodge Dakota insurance in Bakersfield
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)