Really, the only way to get the cheapest Honda CR-V insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Bakersfield.
First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more details to help prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Immediately place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Amazingly, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Bakersfield could save about $500 every year, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Our goal is to teach you how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings If you’re already insured, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although California car owners benefit from understanding the way companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Some providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda CR-V auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in Bakersfield.
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give Bakersfield CR-V insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The rate table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Honda CR-V models. Learning more about how prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$144||$252||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$144||$252||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$144||$252||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$164||$252||$360||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$164||$252||$360||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$164||$252||$360||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda CR-V car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda CR-V yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Honda CR-V claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Save by driving less – The more miles you rack up on your Honda each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your CR-V may be wasting your money. Make sure your car insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Premiums may be higher where you live – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Honda CR-V insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Safety first – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Loss probability for a Honda CR-V – Insurance companies use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Honda CR-V Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Bakersfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Bakersfield are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Bakersfield exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Bakersfield?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long has their agency been open in Bakersfield?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda CR-V in Bakersfield, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda CR-V, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good Bakersfield car insurance company
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Bakersfield. The ranking information displayed below may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
You can find cheap coverage
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Honda CR-V insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Honda CR-V insurance in Bakersfield is attainable online in addition to many Bakersfield insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Company Car in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)