Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Bakersfield could cut their rates by as much as $470 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Bakersfield.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Flex coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that help calculate your car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better car insurance rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
- Vehicle features can affect prices – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Where you reside factors in – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Ford Flex insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Flex vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Flex Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Flex 4dr 2WD 89 84 107 91 100 87 Ford Flex 4dr 4WD 105 84 119 77 79 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Many insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes online. This process is quite simple as you simply enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system pulls your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online for Ford Flex insurance in Bakersfield simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The premium information shown below covers different insurance rates for Ford Flex models. Being aware of how prices are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$300||$524||$574||$34||$172||$1,604||$134|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$300||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,698||$142|
|Flex SEL AWD||$336||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,734||$145|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$336||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,734||$145|
|Flex Limited AWD||$336||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,734||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact coverage rates considerably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Ford Flex yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Ford Flex car insurance rates for each different age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Flex insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Bakersfield, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts to get cheap Bakersfield auto insurance rates
Some insurers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for signing up digitally online.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Flex auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Local Bakersfield auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield that can provide free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Bakersfield are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Bakersfield exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Abir M Pulskamp – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Mohawk St #240 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 322-3338 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Eric Peters
1519 Eye St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 872-8113 – View Map
- James Stuart – State Farm Insurance Agent
5125 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 831-6266 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you will want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Bakersfield independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Miroslava Hernandez Insurance Agency
6433 E Brundage Ln # 2 – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 326-7200 – View Map
- William K Lyons Agency Inc
2100 F St # 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-9731 – View Map
- NSE Insurance Agencies, Inc.
5330 Office Center Ct # 69 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-0620 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses to your questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Flex?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Cover all your bases
When searching for low cost Bakersfield auto insurance quotes, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce Ford Flex insurance premium rates online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)