If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices once a year from companies in California.
First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who get price quotes annually will most likely move their business because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford GT insurance in Bakersfield is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Bakersfield is much easier if you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Although California car owners must learn how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Ford GT insurance
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower car insurance prices.
- Responsible credit scores equal low premiums – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford GT by improving your rating.
- Get married and get better prices – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Gender impacts costs – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Jobs like real estate brokers, executives, and accountants tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- When should you file claims? – Car insurance companies in California award better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Age of drivers impacts prices – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford GT insurance in Bakersfield
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current GT insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the internet.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best Ford GT insurance discounts in Bakersfield in California, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What companies can they write with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you receive positive responses and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
Bakersfield auto insurance companies ranked
Picking the highest-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Bakersfield. The company ratings in the lists below could help you pick which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Quote. Compare. Save.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Cheaper Ford GT insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)